The Asia Oceania Human Proteome Organisation Membrane Proteomics Initiative. Preparation and characterisation of the carbonate-washed membrane standard
- Peng, LF; Kapp, EA; Fenyo, D; Kwon, MS; Jiang, P; Wu, SF; Jiang, Y; Aguilar, MI; Ahmed, N; Baker, MS; Cai, ZW; Chen, YJ; Van Chi, P; Chung, MCM; He, FC; Len, ACL; Liao, PC; Nakamura, K; Ngai, SM; Paik, YK; Pan, TL; Poon, TCW; Salekdeh, GH; Simpson, RJ; Sirdeshmukh, R; Srisomsap, C; Svasti, J; Tyan, YC; Dreyer, FS; McLauchlan, D; Rawson, P; Jordan, TW;
- Publication Year 2010-11,Volume 10,Issue #22,Page 4142-4148
- Journal Title
- Publication Type
- Journal Article
- The Asia Oceania Human Proteome Organisation (AOHUPO) has embarked on a Membrane Proteomics Initiative with goals of systematic comparison of strategies for analysis of membrane proteomes and discovery of membrane proteins. This multilaboratory project is based on the analysis of a subcellular fraction from mouse liver that contains endoplasmic reticulum and other organelles. In this study, we present the strategy used for the preparation and initial characterization of the membrane sample, including validation that the carbonate-washing step enriches for integral and lipid-anchored membrane proteins. Analysis of 17 independent data sets from five types of proteomic workflows is in progress.
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- MOUSE-LIVER; ENDOPLASMIC-RETICULUM; PLASMA-MEMBRANE; RAT HEPATOCYTE; PROTEINS; MICROSOMES; ISOFORMS
- Publisher's Version
- Refer to copyright notice on published article.
Creation Date: 2010-11-01 12:00:00