Segmental Duplications Contribute to Gene Expression Differences Between Humans and Chimpanzees
- Blekhman, R; Oshlack, A; Gilad, Y;
- Publication Year 2009-06,Volume 182,Issue #2,Page 627-630
- Journal Title
- Publication Type
- Journal Article
- In addition to specific changes in cis-and trans-regulatory elements us, structural changes in the genome are hypothesized to underlie a large number of differences in gene expression between species. Accordingly, we show that species-specific segmental duplications are enriched with genes that are differentially expressed between humans and chimpanzees.
- SEQUENCE DIVERGENCE; EVOLUTION; PROFILES; GENOME
- Publisher's Version
- Refer to copyright notice on published article.
Creation Date: 2009-06-01 12:00:00