Colorectal cancer atlas: An integrative resource for genomic and proteomic annotations from colorectal cancer cell lines and tissues
- Chisanga, D; Keerthikumar, S; Pathan, M; Ariyaratne, D; Kalra, H; Boukouris, S; Mathew, NA; Saffar, HA; Gangoda, L; Ang, CS; Sieber, OM; Mariadason, JM; Dasgupta, R; Chilamkurti, N; Mathivanan, S;
Publication Year 2016-01-04, Volume 44, Issue #D1, Page D969-974
- Journal Title
- Nucleic Acids Res
- Publication Type
- Journal Article
- In order to advance our understanding of colorectal cancer (CRC) development and progression, biomedical researchers have generated large amounts of OMICS data from CRC patient samples and representative cell lines. However, these data are deposited in various repositories or in supplementary tables. A database which integrates data from heterogeneous resources and enables analysis of the multidimensional data sets, specifically pertaining to CRC is currently lacking. Here, we have developed Colorectal Cancer Atlas (http://www.colonatlas.org), an integrated web-based resource that catalogues the genomic and proteomic annotations identified in CRC tissues and cell lines. The data catalogued to-date include sequence variations as well as quantitative and non-quantitative protein expression data. The database enables the analysis of these data in the context of signaling pathways, protein-protein interactions, Gene Ontology terms, protein domains and post-translational modifications. Currently, Colorectal Cancer Atlas contains data for >13 711 CRC tissues, >165 CRC cell lines, 62 251 protein identifications, >8.3 million MS/MS spectra, >18 410 genes with sequence variations (404 278 entries) and 351 pathways with sequence variants. Overall, Colorectal Cancer Atlas has been designed to serve as a central resource to facilitate research in CRC.
- WEHI Research Division(s)
- Systems Biology And Personalised Medicine
- PubMed ID
- Publisher's Version
- Open Access at Publisher's Site
- Rights Notice
- Refer to copyright notice on published article.
Creation Date: 2015-10-28 01:52:44Last Modified: 2016-01-13 09:47:00