Discovery of Benzoylsulfonohydrazides as potent inhibitors of the histone acetyltransferase KAT6A
- Leaver, DJ; Cleary, B; Nguyen, N; Priebbenow, DL; Lagiakos, HR; Sanchez, J; Xue, L; Huang, F; Sun, Y; Mujumdar, P; Mudududdla, R; Varghese, S; Teguh, S; Charman, SA; White, KL; Katneni, K; Cuellar, M; Strasser, JM; Dahlin, JL; Walters, MA; Street, IP; Monahan, BJ; Jarman, KE; Sabroux, HJ; Falk, H; Chung, MC; Hermans, SJ; Parker, MW; Thomas, T; Baell, JB;
Publication Year 2019-08-08, Volume 62, Issue #15, Page 7146-7159
- Journal Title
- Journal of Medicinal Chemistry
- Publication Type
- Journal Article
- A high-throughput screen for inhibitors of the histone acetyltransferase, KAT6A, led to identification of an aryl sulfonohydrazide derivative (CTX-0124143) that inhibited KAT6A with an IC50 of 1.0 muM. Elaboration of the structure-activity relationship and medicinal chemistry optimization led to the discovery of WM-8014 (97), a highly potent inhibitor of KAT6A (IC50 = 0.008 muM). WM-8014 competes with acetyl-CoA (Ac-CoA), and X-ray crystallographic analysis demonstrated binding to the Ac-CoA binding site. Through inhibition of KAT6A activity, WM-8014 induces cellular senescence and represents a unique pharmacological tool.
- WEHI Research Division(s)
- Personalised Oncology; Advanced Technology And Biology; Epigenetics And Development
- PubMed ID
- Publisher's Version
- Rights Notice
- Refer to copyright notice on published article.
Creation Date: 2019-09-20 10:16:33Last Modified: 2019-09-24 03:49:16