Opportunities and challenges in long-read sequencing data analysis
Publication Year 2020-02-07, Volume 21, Issue #1, Page 30
- Journal Title
- Genome Biology
- Publication Type
- Journal Article
- Long-read technologies are overcoming early limitations in accuracy and throughput, broadening their application domains in genomics. Dedicated analysis tools that take into account the characteristics of long-read data are thus required, but the fast pace of development of such tools can be overwhelming. To assist in the design and analysis of long-read sequencing projects, we review the current landscape of available tools and present an online interactive database, long-read-tools.org, to facilitate their browsing. We further focus on the principles of error correction, base modification detection, and long-read transcriptomics analysis and highlight the challenges that remain.
- WEHI Research Division(s)
- Epigenetics And Development
- PubMed ID
- Publisher's Version
- Open Access at Publisher's Site
- Rights Notice
- Refer to copyright notice on published article.
Creation Date: 2020-05-04 11:13:32Last Modified: 2020-05-04 11:14:09