Mixed alkoxy/hydroxy 1,8-naphthalimides: expanded fluorescence colour palette and in vitro bioactivity
- Rudebeck, EE; Cox, RP; Bell, TDM; Acharya, R; Feng, Z; Gueven, N; Ashton, TD; Pfeffer, FM;
- Journal Title
- Chemical Communications
- Publication Type
- Journal epub ahead of print
- An efficient and functional group tolerant route to access hydroxy 1,8-naphthalimides has been used to synthesise a range of mono- and disubstituted hydroxy-1,8-naphthalimides with fluorescence emissions covering the visible spectrum. The dialkoxy substituted compounds prepared possess high quantum yields (up to 0.95) and long fluorescent lifetimes (up to 14 ns). The method has been used to generate scriptaid analogues that successfully inhibit HDAC6 in vitro with tubulin acetylation assays confirming that these compounds are more effective than tubastatin.
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- WEHI Research Division(s)
- Chemical Biology
- PubMed ID
- Publisher's Version
- Rights Notice
- Refer to copyright notice on published article.
Creation Date: 2020-05-25 01:55:00Last Modified: 2020-05-25 02:06:24