Multiplicity of infection is a poor predictor of village-level Plasmodium vivax and P. falciparum population prevalence in the Southwest Pacific
Publication Year 2018-11, Volume 5, Issue #11, Page ofy240
- Journal Title
- Open Forum Infect Dis
- Publication Type
- Journal Article
- Across 8101 individuals in 46 villages, the proportion of Plasmodium spp. multiple clone infections (0%-53.8%) did not reflect prevalence by quantitative polymerase chain reaction (qPCR; 1.9%-38.4%), except for P. vivax in Solomon Islands (P < .001). Thus this parameter was not informative to identify transmission foci. In contrast, prevalence by microscopy and qPCR correlated well.
- Oxford Academic
- WEHI Research Division(s)
- Population Health And Immunity
- PubMed ID
- Publisher's Version
- Open Access at Publisher's Site
- Rights Notice
- Refer to copyright notice on published article.
Creation Date: 2018-11-20 09:12:50Last Modified: 2018-11-20 12:14:17