Analysis of gene expression in the developing mouse retina
- Diaz, E; Yang, YH; Ferreira, T; Loh, KC; Okazaki, Y; Hayashizaki, Y; Tessier-Lavigne, M; Speed, TP; Ngai, J;
Publication Year 2003-04-29, Volume 100, Issue #9, Page 5491-5496
- Journal Title
- PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
- Publication Type
- Journal Article
- in the visual system, differential gene expression underlies development of the anterior-posterior and dorsal-ventral axes. Here we present the results of a microarray screen to identify genes differentially expressed in the developing retina. We assayed gene expression in nasal (anterior), temporal (posterior), dorsal, and ventral embryonic mouse retina. We used a statistical method to estimate gene expression between different retina regions. Genes were clustered according to their expression pattern and were ranked within each cluster. We identified groups of genes expressed in gradients or with restricted patterns of expression as verified by in situ hybridization. A common theme for the identified genes is the differential expression in the dorsal-ventral axis. By analyzing gene expression patterns, we provide insight into the molecular organization of the developing retina.
- NATL ACAD SCIENCES
- RECEPTOR TYROSINE KINASES; CDNA MICROARRAY EXPERIMENTS; VISUAL-SYSTEM; PROJECTION MAP; EPH RECEPTORS; AXON GUIDANCE; PROTEIN; ACID; BINDING; LIGANDS
- Publisher's Version
- Rights Notice
- Refer to copyright notice on published article.
Creation Date: 2003-04-29 12:00:00Last Modified: 0001-01-01 12:00:00